Consuming more seasonal food is an important topic for us humans and the environment in general. It represents a way to sustainable eating habits, as well as reduces the environmental impact of the food system. In addition, Summer fruits like apricots, cherries, or strawberries can be used in many ways and in different recipes- for example, fruit leather recipes.
- Blender/Food processor
- 1 lb apricot can use cherries, strawberries,or any other fruit
- 3 tbsp sweetener dates, maple syrup, or cane sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Grind all ingredients in a blender or food processor to make a paste with a smooth consistency
- Pour on parchment paper in an oven mold and spread the pulp evenly
- Traditional drying: cover with a mesh fabric to avoid flies and place under the direct sun from dawn to dusk
- For a more modern, faster option, place in a preheated oven for 6 hours at 160°F
- For an even faster version, heat for half an hour on the stove until most of the liquid has evaporated, then transfer to a preheated oven for 4 hours at 200°F
- How do you know when it's ready? The center of the pulp should be dry to the touch, yet still slightly flexible.