It is an enjoyable experience to receive the organic fresh produce box from the Lancaster farm, PA. The box contains a variety of seasonal vegetables, fresh organic eggs, cheese, and yogurt. In each order, you receive different items, and that assists in turning eating and cooking routines into healthier and tastier ones. Also, this can provide an excellent opportunity to improve general cooking skills by encountering and using unfamiliar ingredients. The last box included a bunch of the Rutabaga roots and Gold Yukon Potatoes, so the mashed idea developed.
Mashed Rutabaga and Gold Yukon Potatoes - Vegan recipe
- large pot
- food processor
- 1 large Rutabaga
- 4 medium Gold Yukon potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Peeling off the skin of the vegetables and cut the rutabaga into small cubes
- In a large pot - add the rutabaga cubes and cover with water (cold) - Season with salt and pepper
- Bring to simmer and cook for 35- 40 minutes
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 30 minutes
- Strain the vegetables
- season with salt if needed
- optional: before serving toss in the oven (high heat +450F) for 5-7 minutes. The top comes out smokey and crispy.