Zucchini is a summer squash that possesses many essential minerals such as potassium, iron, and magnesium. Also can be served and substituted pasta dishes when the zucchini is shaped into noodle-like spirals. Eating seasonally is an important topic that been greatly discussed as it assists in designing better eating habits. Zucchini rolls recipe – a delicious vegan dish.
Vegan Zucchini Rolls
- vegetable peeler
- Blender/Food processor
- 3 large Zucchini
- 1 lb Nuts mix / Tofu preferably soaked in water
- 1 bundle Basil
- 10 olives
- 2 lemon
- A handful of chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven grill to 390°F. Make sure the fan is on while cooking to circulate the air.
- Slice the zucchini into thick slices; marinate in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Grind the mixed nuts/tofu in a food processor with half of the basil, then add lemon juice, salt and/or vegan milk to taste.
- Spread a teaspoon of filling on each zucchini slice, sprinkle with basil and roll (from the narrow end to the wide end).
- Place the rolls standing on their side, sprinkle lemon juice and chopped almonds on top.
- Cook in the oven for 15-25 minutes until the top is well-roasted.
- Serve hot or cold.